Murder/Suicide of Geoff Hunt Family
It is believed that Geoff Hunt killed his wife Kim, a nurse, and their three young children, Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe, before taking his own life in a murder/suicide in Australia.
Kim had a serious car accident in 2012 which almost took her life but she made a miraculous recovery. The crash left her with a broken neck and bones, seven weeks of post-traumatic amnesia and a brain injury. This made her determined to raise awareness about the severity of brain injuries. “More people are affected by them than they are breast cancer and yet nobody knows about them or understands what’s like to live with one,” she told the Eastern Riverina Chronicle.
What is left unasked is:
– Was Geoff put on an antidepressant in 2012 to cope with Kim’s serious accident and recovery? As Kim was a nurse you would think this would be a normal procedure for this family in light of the traumatic situation they were facing.
– Did Kim completely miss seeing all the signs of the traumatic brain injury being dealt her husband by his use of an antidepressant?
– Was this lack of information what led to this tragic outcome which is becoming so common place around the world now?
– When we know that antidepressants repress REM sleep and can, therefore, produce the REM Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD) in 86% of those being diagnosed with this why is this not considered in these cases? Clearly if Geoff lived for his children and cherished his wife this would have been his worst nightmare – exactly what a REM Sleep Disorder is – acting out one’s worst nightmare in a unconscious or semi-conscious state.
– Also critical to be aware of is that this REM Sleep Disorder in which you act out nightmares can be the result of rapid or abrupt withdrawal from an antidepressant because RBD has always been known as a drug withdrawal state. This is why the following information on safe withdrawal is so important as it helps you to know how to avoid this reaction in the withdrawal from antidepressants.
Is this yet another senseless tragedy that needs to be added to our database of similar tragedies at www.ssristories.NET as we document the damage left in the wake of this antidepressant-induced nightmare? There are far too many clues here for me to ignore!
Ann Blake Tracy, Executive Director,
International Coalition for Drug Awareness
www.drugawareness.org & http://ssristories.drugawareness.org
Author: ”Prozac: Panacea or Pandora? – Our Serotonin Nightmare – The Complete Truth of the Full Impact of Antidepressants Upon Us & Our World” & Withdrawal CD “Help! I Can’t Get Off My Antidepressant!”
WITHDRAWAL HELP: You can find the hour and a half long CD on safe and effective withdrawal helps here: http://store.drugawareness.org/ And if you need additional consultations with Ann Blake-Tracy, you can book one at www.drugawareness.org or sign up for one of the memberships for the International Coalition for Drug Awareness which includes free consultations as one of the benefits of that particular membership plan.
WITHDRAWAL WARNING: In sharing this information about adverse reactions to antidepressants I always recommend that you also give reference to my CD on safe withdrawal, Help! I Can’t Get Off My Antidepressant!, so that we do not have more people dropping off these drugs too quickly – a move which I have warned from the beginning can be even more dangerous than staying on the drugs!
663 total views, 1 views today